Home / News / 100L Nursing Student Dies After Suffering Severe Burns In A Gas Explosion In Benue

100L Nursing Student Dies After Suffering Severe Burns In A Gas Explosion In Benue

A 100 level student of Benue State School of Nursing and Midwifery, Makurdi, Stella Merkyaa, who was severely burnt from head to toe in a gas explosion that occurred at the female hostel in the school in July this year has died.

100L Nursing Student Dies

Speaking to newsmen on the cause of the incident, the principal of the school Mrs. Victoria Gusa, said the explosion occurred at the 3rd floor of the female hostel and was caused by a gas cylinder used in cooking.

She added that Stella had returned from church on Sunday and was preparing her lunch inside her hostel when the gas cooker exploded and burnt her severely.

100L Nursing Student Dies

The principal who pleaded with the state government to assist in the treatment of the burnt student, said that the mother of the student could not raise the sum of N40,000 requested by the hospital as deposit before Stella would be treated.

“Stella has been in Accident and Emergency ward instead of Intensive Care Unit due to our inability to deposit N40,000. The situation is pathetic, we don?t have money and the mother of the victim do not also have,? Mrs Gusa lamented.

After a long battle to stay alive, she gave up the ghost in the early hours of today October 24th.

Check Also

President Buhari Presents 2018 Budget To National Assembly

President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday formally presented N8.6 trillion 2018 budget to a joint session of …

Leave a Reply